Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekdays in the Dulldrums



Let me start off this post by saying that I really love it here. This is a fantastic trip that I would recommend to anyone interested in travel. However, recently the stress of my classes, my internship, our mandatory outings, and our booked weekends has really been getting to me. I feel exhausted all the time probably because I get five to six hours of sleep every night. This is not because I'm out at the pub enjoying the night life. This is because I'm in my common room doing homework for hours after the required outings.

For example: we returned from Scotland around 9 p.m. Sunday night. I blogged and put up pictures for about two or three hours because our internet is so slow. The next morning I got up, went to my internship, came home and made myself a quick sandwich before going to Theatre class, after class went on a tour of the National Theatre, after that went straight to see Avenue Q grabbing dinner on the way, once I got home I had to watch Pride and Prejudice for my film class (which I couldn't do until after I'd read the book), then I had to journal about it, then I had to do my morning homework, and only THEN did I attempt to go to bed. We have a planned meeting or outing every night this week, and I'm leaving for Paris Thursday night during a Tube strike which will make getting to the bus stop interesting.

Our outing tonight is going to a film as a group. Now people who know me understand that I love movies, but after two classes back to back, the last of which is my film class, I'd really like to come back home and relax a bit or even go out and spend sometime by the Thames. My food consists of Mars bars, pasta, and eggs all of which I'm running low on but can't afford to buy any more if my addiction to the theatre keeps rearing its ugly head.

Sorry for the list of complaints. I have no photos to leave you with since I haven't done anything picture worthy in the last two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment