Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Devil Wears...Gemstones


So day three of my internship, and what a long day it was. I feel like I've called and e-mailed more people today than I have in my whole life, and that's saying something. Forcing myself to complete a blog post was a feat. I had my first crumpet ever this morning! It was really good, like a thick English muffin....which makes me think maybe that's why they're called English muffins.... I'm deep in London.

I've been trying to read Atonement, the first book on my reading list for Film Adaptations, and I'm struggling. It's interesting, but I'm just so busy that I don't have the energy. Tonight I went to this big jewellery exhibition called Treasure. It was crazy! They had a free sushi and drink bar and collections from jewellers all over the UK. I had a great time, but I felt really under dressed which always makes me uncomfortable. I felt like Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada when Meryl Streep insults her blue sweater. I was wearing Sperry's, and I saw one girl with diamond encrusted stilettos. Word to the wise, if you get a VIP ticket anywhere...at least wear a skirt.

It was located in the basement of this huge building, and they did not have air conditioning. So not only did I look like a bum, but I'm sweating my "arse" off while interviewing designers. The party was really cool, but after the longest day ever at work, it was nice to come home.

Now, tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. I'm going to the Victoria Couch Station to pick up my boyfriend Caleb! I'm super excited :) We're going to have a very full weekend so my next blog post probably won't be until Monday. Enjoy your weekend!

I'll leave you with the Horrible Moment of the Day Photo! I was walking down the street happened to notice a very unfortunate jean fit in front of me. Enjoy! Well...that word doesn't necessarily apply here.

No comments:

Post a Comment