Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Changing of the Guard



Today we had the privilege of seeing a very traditional and ceremonial event, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. And of course, like the obnoxious Americans we are, we threw some jokes in while the members of the guard were sporting their most serious of faces. My lovely boyfriend called my mobile during the event (at a very quiet point) and of course it had randomly changed to ringer. There's nothing like a cell phone ringer to ruin a perfectly serious moment.
Once the guard began marching and the guard's band began playing, our tour group booked it to Buckingham Palace. We sprinted through heavily pollen-infested gardens to reach the masses of people waiting outside. The changing of the guard happens once a day in the summertime and every other day in the winter. After seeing that, our group walked up where I walked yesterday on my own. We saw Westminster Abbey, Big Big and the site of the first United Nations. Eventful day! Classes and internships start tomorrow!

I'll leave you with the Celebrity Photo of the Day! We saw Prince Harry outside of Buckingham! Well...not really.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are keeping this blog! Thank you. :-) I love the pics.
    The guards look SO serious, I wonder if they get in trouble if they smile, yawn, whatever?
    It is such a relief to know that the celebrity sighting continues overseas. Wow...Prince Harry is the perfect one to start with.

    ReplyDelete