Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Off With Your Head!


I know it's been a while since my last post, so I'll do my best to give a detailed, but brief account of my weekend. We'll start with Friday. I picked up my boyfriend Caleb from the Victoria Coach Station at 6 a.m. On my way I was really paranoid because we'd just had a safety talk with a police officer here, and I crossed the street about 20 times before I got to my tube station.
Finally I picked up Caleb who was exhausted from the overnight couch ride and we headed back to the flat to get ready for our group outing to the Tower of London. The Tower of London was probably the biggest disappointment of my trip so far. Not only was the tower lacking in the size I believed it to have, but our tour guide had this lovely habit of talking for a very long time, moving a few feet over and then talking for an even longer time. It got old.

My favorite part of this outing was getting to see the crown jewels. It amazes me that royalty and monarchs are still around today. Though photography was forbidden, I snapped some illegal shots.

Caleb and I found this great fish and chips deal that included a drink, and we sat outside and enjoyed the religious nut reading the Bible right next to our table. Ah the sights. After lunch we headed to Westminster Abbey and got the self-guided tour. Again I took some illegal shots with the Shakespeare statue and some of the interior. It's such a gorgeous church both inside and out.

After the Abbey, Caleb and I walked along the Thames and saw Big Ben, The Globe Theatre, Parliament, St. Paul's Cathedral and the London Eye. We then walked back home exhausted from a long day and running off little sleep. He stayed in a hostel only seven flats down from me that was really nice.

I'll leave this day with the Meaty Picture of the Day! Here's a picture of us with a Beef Eater Guard!

No comments:

Post a Comment