Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Princess Rings and Coffee Things


So day two of my internship, and today I got to visit Lesley Craze's Gallery. Most of the jewellery in that store closely resembles modern art. I really liked the designs and the overall feel of the shop. My favorite designer was Maud Traon whose rings are incredible! They remind me of really expensive versions of the costume jewellery I wore as a little girl. Here are some examples.
I know it's weird, but I really enjoy doing small tasks like getting mail from the post room and making tea. I don't have to do it often, but it reminds me of the interns in movies. Though I'm trying to channel Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada, the people here are just too nice for me to even pretend.

One thing I will say though, tea is NOT the same thing as coffee. Unfortunately, I'm a big coffee snob so I won't do instant, and I can't afford anything else. We don't have a coffee maker in our flat, so I'm left to drink tea. Tea is great on a rainy afternoon while you're reading a book...but well, coffee is better, always. Apart from my friends and family and the TV show Glee, I think I miss coffee the most. Tea just doesn't give you that extra push I need every morning! Having this internship plus three (technically 4) classes is very trying. We're doing something practically every weekend, and I have work or class all day every day Monday through Thursday. On top of that we had a mandatory meeting tonight, and I'm going to an event for
work tomorrow. Yet somehow I'm supposed to read 170 pages of Atonement, write a review of my trip to the British Museum (with four sources) and make a presentation for the play War Horse by next Monday and Tuesday. This with Caleb coming to visit this weekend. London is NOT all fun and games my friends.

Tonight I worked out at the Central London YMCA for the first time. This is the first YMCA ever! I learned that in Leaders Club...represent. It was really cool and has a cafe, lounge and even library. It felt good to work out. It was something I'm used and it felt like I was at home.















Well I can't say much more, I have way too much to do as you can see haha. But I'll leave you with the Illegal Photo of the Day! This is the shot I took of the War Horse stage Monday night. I got yelled at, but I kept the photo! The white "torn bit of parchment" across the top would change drawings and sometimes establish the settling. I know I already said this, but it was a fantastic show! Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment