Monday, June 7, 2010

Internships, Jewellery, Horses Galore!


So today was my first day at Retail Jeweller and Professional Beauty Magazines (building shown above)! Right off the bat I was asked to cover an exhibition for London Jewellery Week. As I tried to locate the retailer I needed to interview on the tube, I stuffed a nutella and jelly sandwich down. After getting a little lost, I finally found the shop, interviewed the retailer and returned to EMAP to research the jewellery designer. I wrote my first blog entry for the site and here it is: http://www.retail-jeweller.com/forum/blog/paris-designs-at-london-jewellery-week/5013749.blog.

I then rushed back to my flat to try to read the play War Horse before my Theatre class with a Ms. Sheila Fox. Fortunately I didn't finish because apparently she didn't want us to read it beforehand. And I'm really glad I didn't! The play was the best drama I've ever seen. It follows the horse Joey and his owner Albert during WWI and though it's based off a children's book, it's very emotional and moving play. The way they maneuvered the horse puppets was phenomenal. Overall a fantastic evening. And surprisingly it was the first time it's rained on me since I've been here. Still on a theatre high! Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment