Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spray Paint on London

Forget Sean Kelly, today I was the only one. My morning started out AMAZINGGG! I got to meet up with my friend Summer who I haven't seen since I graduated high school more than two years ago. She's studying at Imperial College in Oxfordshire. Basically, she's a physics genius and going to take over the world some day....soon. We got lunch and talked for a couple of hours and then sadly had to part.

I rushed home to meet up with my homies, unfortunately, it was destined to be my big day out...when I wanted it to be big group day out. Everyone was spazzing and busy with end of the week packing, shopping, and panicking. So I set out on my journey friendless and poor, hoping to see and do everything I'd wanted to. And I did.

I first borrowed Lawler's left over spray paint and headed to the graffiti gallery place near Waterloo where it's legal to spray paint whatever you want on the tunnel walls. I decided to leave my mark by commemorating my love for Big Ben. He's been such a great summer romance, sorry Caleb.
I then traveled to Tate Modern, the modern art gallery by the Thames. It wasn't very interesting, mostly because I didn't spend the extra money on the two good exhibits. After that let down, I walked across Elizabeth's least favourite bridge, the Millenium Bridge (or Dementor Bridge) to St. Paul's. I thought it would be possible to go inside without paying, but not so.

By that point the sugars were setting in pretty hard. I tried to stop on the steps of St. Paul's to see if they'd pass. They didn't. So I started walking toward the amazing gelato place we tried yesterday, Scoop. It didn't disappoint.

After my sugars were revived, I headed back to the flat and met up with everyone to go to the football match with the Tottenham Spurs. It was pretty uneventful as you can see. Tomorrow's my big day! More to come.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your experience this summer Rachel! Thank you for blogging while in Europe..it appears that you have had an amazing experience. <3

    ReplyDelete