Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Les Miserables


A little over two years ago, at Mills E. Godwin High School, I was in a production of Les Miserables. Not only was it one of the best experiences I had in high school, but it was one of the best in my life (not to be confused with "In My Life"). Tonight I got to see it performed (for the first time!) in London's West End! It was a great performance and many of the actors were really impressive, especially Javert!
Now I know what you're all wondering, how was Nick Jonas? Well, here's the thing. He's a 17-year-old Disney Channel star and a Jonas Brother. That just doesn't quite fit in with a cast of die-hard Brits who have been doing this forever. While some songs were really good ("Empty Chairs") others were somewhat painful to endure ("A Heart Full of Love"). His acting was pretty good overall, but his voice stuck out like a sore thumb. Gavroche was precious unlike the one at my high school that everyone cheered for when he died. Yes, I cried like a baby but so did everyone else around me so I think it's justified.

After the show of course we went out to meet Nick Jonas. While I've met several celebs in my theatre days....it's never been like this. Young girls, middle-aged women, and middle-aged men seem to love him. People FREAKED out when he walked out the back door. He walked past me and I said, "Come back!" He responded by turning back. Ingrid held up the camera. Out of memory. I grabbed it as she got Elizabeth's for a back-up. I quickly deleted a picture while Nick waited patiently, all the while psychotic fans were shoving and trying to take pictures with him. Finally we got our shot. Granted, it's not very flattering, but I'll take it after what I just experienced. Well, off to listen to some Jo Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment